[Tlhingan-hol] HolQeD grammar

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 08:32:50 PST 2015

HolQeD was an academic journal with a peer review process as part of publication. There may have been a couple of small articles written by Okrand over the decade or so it was published, though I’m not really sure that ever happened. There were interviews with him. I did an interview with him.

Mostly, these articles were written by informed people who presented ideas and had them reviewed by peers to make sure they were valid and sufficiently well presented to represent the standards of the publication.

These are resources that clarify the grammar already published in the two books you mention. They don’t really explain any new grammar not included in those publications.

It would definitely be a good resource to be able to let everyone see all these issues, but Lawrence is the gatekeeper on this one, and he went to great trouble to have the originals “done well” and doesn’t want reissues done less professionally. I offered to scan what I have with OCR and manually edit the result to reflect the original, but he apparently has a different plan. He also doesn’t want them scanned as graphics and presented “as is”.

So, until he finds the resources to do it his way, they are not available to the general public.

Instead, you have the resource of several people here who have them and can help in the process of correcting and discussing things with you, while referencing the HolQeD volumes. I wish I could offer a more direct resource, but I’m not sure your public library ever bought copies of HolQeD that you could check out.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv