[Tlhingan-hol] Defiant

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 07:41:56 PST 2015

since the defiant is shown in episodes where klingon/klingons appear too,i
have been wondering how are we to say <<defiant>> in thlIngan.

I don't know if it has a canon name,so at first I searched if there is a
klingon verb meaning <<to defy>>,but i found none. so next I thought of how
would one translate/describe the meaning of <<defiant>> in klingon.

but I didn't get far with that thought,because this thought occured to me..

whenever lets say an english ship arrives at a greek port,no greek
authority would go about translating her name in greek ; it would either
write her name in english,or write in greek her english name (the way it is
pronounced).

so I think that maybe the most logical thing to do,was for a klingon to
simply say {DIfayant}

is there a canon way,to say defiant ?

qunnoQ HoD