[Tlhingan-hol] Piraha

Anthony Appleyard a.appleyard at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 1 21:42:15 PST 2015

This long sentence becomes more legible with commas between the clauses:-
maHeghnISbe'meH, matlhuHlaHmeH, muD lamHa'choHmeH, jan Dachu'rupmeH, qaghuHmoHmeH, qarI'.
With a long chain-sentence with the clauses joined by "and" or "and then", an editor can easily replace "and" by ". And"; I have seen this done in modern printings of Anglo-Saxon language long chain-sentences wiith many "-and then-" links; the original, like Klingon, did not use capital letters.