[Tlhingan-hol] New words needed

Anthony Appleyard a.appleyard at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 1 02:24:26 PST 2015

Jetpack:
I suppose that for general use in action, I could run with {DubvIj} (plural {DubchuyDaH}) for "jetpack", with less ambiguity if {Dub} only means an anatomical back and cannot be transferred to a "dorsal" part of a ship or other vehicle or machine.
(It could be that the plural {DubvIjmey} implies that the jetpack storeroom has become seriously untidy :-) .)
taQbang (N exhaust):-
In the real world I have come across these sorts of exhaust:
(1) (Oldest meaning), used low-pressure steam from steam engines, but not the gases from its coal burning.
(2) Waste gases from internal combustion engines.
-- In those 2 uses, the engine's power comes out of the drive shaft and not in the exhaust.
(3) The propulsive blast from jets and rockets.
Which of these, or what, is the meaning of any canon uses of {taQbang}?
(taQ means "be weird", as if, before the Klingons had space travel, they came across (2) (waste gases from internal combustion engines) and did not like the resulting smell. :-) )
But, as TKD's technology is that of Star Trek, what canon uses are there of the sorts of engine available in the real world?