[Tlhingan-hol] naming things

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu May 28 12:34:55 PDT 2015

Hi,

we have an example {logh Hop Hut tengchaH} (SB 99), where the name comes
before the thing, and then we have {'ejDo' 'entepray'} (ST5) where the
name comes at the end. But ST5 has several errors, so it may be a mistake.

What we have as a rule are ranks, {qarghan HoD} is the correct word order.

Question: Is there any rule about naming things, like in "starship
enterprise" or the folder "documents" on a computer.

Maybe from the Monopoly, does it say take the combat card as "vIq
'echletHom" or 'echletHom vIq... how do you play poker?

Thanks for your opinions.

Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh
Grammarian of the KLI