[Tlhingan-hol] New version of quja' Keyboard Layout for Android (AnySoftKeyboard)

Christoph Pichlmann christoph_pichlmann at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:27:35 PDT 2015

quja' vIchenmoHqa'.
*Android* De'wI' mIw lo'nIS.

DaH Unicode* lo'laH. (*Unicode font* DaghajnIS!)
potlh: *AnySoftKeyboard* Dalo'nISqu'! (not yap vIjatlhqa')
*AnySoftKeyboard* je' quja'.

'ach, Hoch Daghajchugh, tlhIngan Hol DaghItlhlaHchu'!
pIqaD DaghItlhlaHchu'!

'a, jIQIpmo', jI'IQ je: *Keystore* vIchIlmo', latlh *Keystore* vIchenmoHnISpu'. vaj, chu' quja' Daq vISamta'.
ngo' quja' ghurbe' :-(

yISuch: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anysoftkeyboard.languagepack.tlhIngan

Now in english, so you can understand what I tried to say by mangling the klingon language:

I recreated my klingon language keyboard layout, named "quja' ", for Android devices.
It now can output unicode characters representing klingon symbols. To actually see them your device needs to have an appropiate font, of course.
Besides that, you need to install AnySoftKeyboard (a fact I cannot repeat often enough), since my layout is merely an addon.

But, once you have everything installed, you can really write klingon - in pIqaD even.

However, since I'm stupid, I lost the keystore, needed to upload an app to Google Play. I had to create a new one which caused Google Play to reject it, and I had to put it into a different package. So it now has a new URL.
Old versions aren't going to be updated.

Christoph