[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: boqrat

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Jun 25 07:18:14 PDT 2015

Am 25.06.2015 um 15:11 schrieb lojmIt tI'wI' nuv:
> If this were transliterated as bo-krat, it probably would have been {boQat} instead of {boqrat},

Yes, that's true. My example was just to show that it may be something
else than bok+rat, not a pronunciation guide.

One must remember that the english spelling was there first, and boq-rat
simply follows bok-rat.

I just look closer at the script, which I should have doen earlier. The
word is spelled with an hyphen, so the bok-rat ist most probably a
"rat"-like animal.  So on the other side (from a production view) the
klingon word is a bad transliteration. I guess Okrand din't know what
the animal was, because otherwise I may have said something like {boq

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh