[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Language Wiki

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 05:26:36 PDT 2015

Hi guys,
I have mentioned already several times, and I just repeat this time the
invitation to join the Klingon Language Wiki.

Only few people have joined so far, maybe because they have some questions.

- What is the wiki made for?
The wiki shall collect any kind of information about the Klingon
language, not only grammar and useage guides, but also background
information like where klingon was used in a movie or a TV show, a book,
people who speak klingon, translation projects, software etc.

- What about the KLI wiki?
The KLI wiki is made for only members of the KLI while the klingon wiki
is open to everyone. The purpose of the KLW and the KLI wiki are
slightly different as well: the klingon language wiki should work like a
neutral encyclopedia about Klingon, while the KLI wiki is intended as a
collaboration platform for KLI projects. For instance, the language wiki
'describes' a project, while the actual project is 'active' on the KLI wiki.

- I speak no klingon, what can I do?
There are tons of information around klingon on the web and elsewhere,
and you certainly know something which is not yet listed. And maybe you
speak German, French or Dutch? Then you can learn a lot about klingon by
translating pages into these languages.

- Oh, I'm not so in programming anyway...
That's no problem at all, you do not need to know much about
programming. When you click 'edit', you can simply read the text, change
things and click 'save'. If you mess things up, there is always someone
around who will repair the file. Don't worry.

Just start here:
http://www.klingonwiki.net

Join the Facebook Community, even if you do not register for the wiki:
http://www.facebook.com/KlingonWiki

Qapla'!

--
Lieven L. Litaer