[Tlhingan-hol] Beginners corner

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Jan 29 07:26:05 PST 2015

Am 29.01.2015 um 16:00 schrieb Alan Anderson:
> What meaning does the "of myself" add to the sentence? {jIHem} "I am
> proud" by itself seems sufficient to me.

Depends on the situation. Why are you proud? Are you proud in general,
or did something happen?

TKW (p.13) says {Hem tlhIngan Segh} "Klingons are a proud race", without
giving a reason (yeeaa - ram meqmey ;-) )

vagh targh HoH puqloDwI' - jIHemqu'.
My son killed five Targs - I'm very proud (of him).

ghItlh Daj Daqonta' - jIHem.
You wrote an interesting letter - I am proud (of you).

So I think that {jIHem} is sufficient, but one may also add any
information you like. It's not necessary.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh