[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: pegh

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 02:18:40 PST 2015

ja' lojmIt tI'wI' nuv:
>> I wish that Okrand and a publisher would provide The Compleat Klingon Dictionary,

I have the information from a very trustworthy source that the publisher
really had the intention of publishing an updated version of TKD right
before the 2013 movie, but the plans for it somehow were never
completed. :-(

ja' De'vID:
 > I don't consider it a burden in any way to maintain, but I do wish
 > that more people would contribute.

I'd like to support De'vID's call for help. The boQwI' is really the
most complete database I have ever seen, and also most useable. The
interlinked entries allow a very good search for information, and it's
easy to use.

 > I think this is the sort of thing that the KLI ought
 > to be maintaining.

Good idea.

ja' Anthony Appleyard:
 > Ditto. We need a publicly-accessible source
 > of ALL information about Klingon

Almost one year ago, I have started a Klingon language wiki, which I
have been updating with lots of information about Klingon, not only
about the grammar, but also abou all the information around the
language. I use it like an encyclopedia (like wikipedia) of Klingon:
http://wiki.qephom.de/

To avoid misunderstanding of unintended competition, I should be fai
enough to mention that the KLI also has a wiki, which is going to be
public soon. It's purpose is slightly different from my wiki, so there
is no competition. See it here:
http://www.speakklingon.info/wiki/

 > One issue with gathering all information about Klingon into a
 > publicly-accessible source is that most of those sources are
 > copyrighted.

Yes for those sources, but no for anything after that. For instance, the
KLI could (*hint* *hint*) publish a collection of the information in
HolQeD, like they did with TGD.

 > CBS/Paramount's profits. For {boQwI'} to be truly useful, you need to
 > own most of the official Klingon-language products (and thus have paid
 > Okrand and CBS/Paramount), and that's deliberate.

That's good, and should remain as such. It's a good dictionary, but
should not be a teaching tool.

 > OTOH, nothing stops any volunteers from filling out the entries

Yes, true! Call for everyone!

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh