[Tlhingan-hol] [Phonetics] -ew', -Iw', -Iy'

lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:20:14 PST 2015

Thanks. You are right. In fact, {y} doesn't sound like {I}. The latter is like the American short "i", as in "hit" while the former is like the second half of the sound Americans make when pronouncing the letter "e", a sound that doesn't exist as a vowel in Klingon. I just wasn't thinking.

This is why {Iy} sounds like the impure (normal) American "E" and {ey} sounds like the impure (normal) American "A".

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Retired Door Repair Guy