[Tlhingan-hol] beginners corner

Elizabeth Lawrence elizabeth.lawrence08 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 03:16:01 PST 2015

Think of the sentences:

I meet you at the restaurant
Qe'Daq qaghom

I encounter the targ
targh vIghom

The mothers meet every month
Hoch jar ghom SoSpu'

The klingon speakers meet here
naDev ghom tlhIngan jatlhwI'pu'

In the first two examples, the verb ghom is transitive, and refers to a
meeting between groups or individuals.  In the latter two examples, the
verb is used intransitively, and refers to the meeting of a single group.
I might gloss the difference as meet/encounter (transitive) versus
meet/assemble (intransitive).

be''etlh