[Tlhingan-hol] beginners corner

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Feb 2 01:32:07 PST 2015

Am 02.02.2015 um 10:08 schrieb De'vID:
> Here's another instance where electronic access to HolQeD would be
> handy. At the end of that sentence, there is a footnote to look in
> HolQeD 7.4, Dec. 1998. (The relevant part is actually on p.11.)

I do have HolQeD and I have read that part. I still didn't see how the
meaning of the verb {ghom} has changed if it has an object. Maybe that's
why the asker was confused in the first place.

Perhabs it's because I'm not a native english speaker?

{ghom} "meet, encounter"
{maghom} "we meet"
{qaghom} "I meet you"

There is no real "change in meaning" - is there?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh