[Tlhingan-hol] vulqa'nganpu'

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Dec 31 07:45:07 PST 2015

On 12/31/2015 10:25 AM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> I still don't understand..
>
> is this sentence right or wrong ?
>
> maHotlaHmo' manenchoHlaH, 'ach tugh 'e' vItlhoj.
> however soon I realized, that because we are able to feel, we are able
> to grow/mature.
>
> and if it is wrong, what is its wrong part ? the placement of the {'ach} maybe ?

I've never seen a sentence conjunction used inside a sentence-as-object
like this, but I can't see anything actually WRONG with it. I presume
there is a preceding sentence which {'ach} is joining this sentence with.

I find the construction hard to parse. How about this: consider that the
entire construction, made of two sentences, is itself also a complex
sentence, so you can conjoin the complex sentence with the previous one.

In other words,

    yadda yadda yadda, 'ach maHotlaHmo' manenchoHlaH tugh 'e' vItlhoj

I find this much easier to parse, though I'm not saying it's more
correct than yours.

By the way, {Hot} means "touch, feel," not "feel with emotions."

http://trimboli.name