[Tlhingan-hol] Hints and Tips : OVS

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 00:08:44 PST 2015

I have been discussing the prefix trick with myself, and a new
question/observation just came to mind..

I noticed from the aforementioned examples that the prefix trick
"eliminates" the direct mentioning of a pronoun.

In the {jIHvaD taj Danob} and {taj chonob} example the {jIHvaD} is eliminated.
In the {SoHvaD tlhIngan Hol vIghojmoH} and {tlhIngan Hol qaghojmoH}
the {SoHvaD} is eliminated.

By saying "eliminated" meaning of course, that its meaning is
expressed using the prefix trick.

However, take into account this sentence :

I showed the dog where the cat is.
I showed the cat for the dog.
Ha'DIbaHvaD vIghro' vI'angpu'.

Is there a way I could use here the prefix trick ? I suppose I could
say vIghro' vI'angpu' (I showed it the cat), however it would not be
specified to whom I showed the cat.

So, my observation/question is that unless there is a pronoun to be
"eliminated" the prefix trick can't be used. Is this a correct
observation/conclusion ?

cpt qunnoQ