[Tlhingan-hol] Hints and Tips : OVS

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 03:21:08 PST 2015

..and now I will share my most wonderful tip ! this is something I'm
really proud of..

as we all know, klingon utilizes the OVS rule. whenever I tried to
write in klingon this is what I had been doing :

write the verb, then shove the appropriate prefix/suffixes to it, then
move the cursor after the verb to write the subject, and then move it
before the verb to write the object.

however this was not acceptable to me. if I wanted to write on paper,
what would I do then ? So the need arose to "force" myself to stop
thinking in SVO (as in english and greek too) and start thinking in
OVS (as in klingon).

to achieve this, I started daily, whenever performing any task to
think (in greek), however shaping the sentence in OVS instead of SVO.

for example, before I opened a door I was thinking "door I open",
before feeding the dog I was thinking "now, dog I will feed", etc..

eventually -slowly but steadily- I grew the desired habit, of not
having to move the cursor back and forth at a given verb, but to start
writing beginning at the beginning, and ending at the end.

that's it ! I run out of hints and tips..

qunnoq