[Tlhingan-hol] vulqa'nganpu'...

David Joslyn gaerfindel at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:36:57 PST 2015

ghItlhpu' QiSta', jatlh:
> tIqchaj SeH vulqa'nganpu'. laHvam vIghojnIS!
> Vulcans control their heart. I need to learn this ability!

nongqu' vulqanganpu'.  nongqu'mo', vatlhben law'  SuvchuqtaH.
Vulcans are very passionate.  So passionate that many centuries ago the
warred continuously with each other.

tlhoS HoHchuqchu'.
They almost killed each other off completely.

vulqan ghoS ngan law' 'ej romuluS ghoSHa'.  DaH pong'egh romuluSngan 'ej
nongtaH.
Many people left Vulcan and settled Romulus.  Now they called themselves
Romulans and remain passionate.

juSpu' DISmey 'ej pawpu' Suraq.  jotchoH 'ej jotlI' vulcanganpu' 'e'
chojmaH Suraq.
Many years passed, and then Surak arrived.  He taught the Vulcans to
become & remain calm.

DaH SeH'egh 'ach nongHa'choHbe' vulcanganpu'.  neH jotqu'lI'.
Now they control themselves, but a Vulcan can never be un-passionate.
They can only remain calm.

~quljIb