[Tlhingan-hol] Hints and tips : Suffixes

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 08:49:59 PST 2015

   Another difficulty I've faced so far, is remembering the verb and
noun suffixes ; Granted,  they are a lot easier to remember than the
verb prefixes, however the real difficulty isn't so much to actually
memorize them as a table..
   The real difficulty is for the right suffix to come to mind when
someone is actually trying to write. This is a difficulty, which when
overcome, expressing oneself is actual easier. I have noticed, that
most of the times, when you want to write a sentence, and you are
"stuck" in regards to how you will say what you want to say, if the
right prefix "pops up" in mind, then the problem will be solved.

   So,here is a double problem :

1. remembering the prefixes.
2. remembering the right prefix at the right time.

   Luckily, i found that both problems have the same solution.. I
don't know if this would be of any help to anyone,however here is what
i did :

   Every day, while I'm making tea and I'm waiting for the water to
boil (I blame pIqarD HoD for this habit..) I open boQwI' and look at
the two lists ; the verb suffix and the noun suffix list. Every suffix
that I see, I ask myself "what does it mean ?" The trick here is to
continue doing this, even AFTER someone has memorized each prefix's
meaning. So, that after 20-30 days (at least that's how long it took
me)

1. they will have been learned.
2. they will be "popping up" in mind,while you're wondering "how could
I rephrase this
    english sentence" so that I will be able to express it in klingon ?

   Also, I would like to say, that -according to my opinion- it is
essential that this "daily revision" takes place during a time which
comes for you every day, and during which you would not be doing
anything else ; This is why I wrote that I did it during "tea
preparation". The trick is to find a way to fit this daily revision,
in your every day routine, without "feeling" that it becomes an
additional burden, to your every day obligations (work, family, etc..)

   Anyway, I don't know if this helps any other beginner, however I
thought it would be good to share. Now it is time for tea earl grey
hot (damn you piqard !).. hahaha

cpt qunnoQ