[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Learning Vocab

chransberry@gmail.com chransberry at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 16:41:13 PST 2015

I did check out that Memrise course, and I must say I'm very favorably impressed! The other course I was doing (Complete Klingon Vocabulary) always annoyed me because the input exercises did not distinguish capital letters or apostrophes. So for example if the word was ba', I'd input "ba" and then it would turn green and go to the next one before I could finish the word. And all the letters it gave me to choose from were lowercase, so boQ looked like boq, and I would get used to seeing it wrong, which was hindering me. But since I had had similar issues with the Lojban for Beginners course, I assumed that all Memrise courses were like that. So when I started this KLCP1 course, I was very excited when it was time to input noH, to see the capital H in the selection of letters, and that h didn't pass. Similarly with pa', I was very glad that it didn't pass on until I input the apostrophe!

TLDR; I want to commend the creator of the KLCP1 Memrise course for taking the time to change settings or whatever was necessary to make a Klingon vocab course that works like it should, instead of reinforcing bad habits! majQa'!

-QISta'