[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Learning Vocab

John R. Harness cartweel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:32:19 PST 2015

fata irae: That sounds like a great system! I have experimented with
picture-cards but I find that taking the time to arrange the photos is
frustratingly long for me. I do use that capacity on Memrise sometimes,
though.

QISta': I'm glad the KLCP1 Memrise course may be useful to you! It does
have a finicky name that may be hard to find if you don't already know it
is there.

Lieven: That sounds super useful, but 'oy! That must take forever! Then
again that is probably just not my style.

All: To be honest, my strategy has been to talk to as many people as
possible! At this point going to qep'a' or qepHom or speaking with someone
online is the surest way to learn words. QeS constantly says <teHbej>,
which I looked up twelve times before now I remember it! Still, to the
flashcards I must go!

Qov: jIta'. I was thinking specifically of vocabulary acquisition tools I
have used, and didn't remember the AWESOME NEW OFFICIAL KLI BEGINNERS
COURSE THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BE USING (
http://www.kli.org/members-only/klcp-prep/)  that you made simply because
it is filed under "THE WHOLE PACKAGE EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BE AN EXPERT
BEGINNER" instead of "the drudgery of vocab acquisition." I will remember
in future!

'ARHA