[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: "Which" and uses of question words

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Mon Dec 7 14:44:13 PST 2015

I wouldn't understand it at all. I would guess that the person had mispronounced nuQtaH: "the officer is annoying the child".

My next guess would be that the writer/speaker was trying to use nuq to take the place of a verb, instead of a pronoun or a noun, and was trying to say, "what is the officer doing to the child." I would reject that usage. I'd call it creative and interesting, though.

I can't make any meaning work by analogy with puq ghaHtaH yaS'e',

- Qov

(On smartphone which autocorrected puq to pIq.  (Yes, complete with shifted I) I guess I don't write about kids much)