[Tlhingan-hol] Aspect, etc

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 12:22:57 PST 2015

reH balth vIvang. Doj laHlIj.

People can have different ideas about how this works. The critical thing for me is that we can understand each other as we use the language, and despite the apparent contrast in the group’s opinions voiced in these debates, at a root level, those who can speak the language fairly well can understand each other quite well, so I’m satisfied.

I will always try to improve both my understanding of the language and its use, and to improve my teaching others as they seek my help. I think this is generally true of all of us, and for many years now, for you.

Even if you are daft wrong about perfective (and I don’t think you are really that far off the mark), you are and have long been one of the best speakers of the language, as is SuStel, and less than I used to be, but still pretty good, me.

Differences of opinion do not require disrespect, so please do not misinterpret anything as disrespectful.

toH, yIjatlhtaH, jupwI’.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv