[Tlhingan-hol] Aspect, etc

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Dec 4 11:17:39 PST 2015

On 12/4/2015 1:57 PM, Alan Anderson wrote:
>And I will stop trying to wrap my head around the theories that
> don't limit themselves to the specific words used to describe aspect
> in TKD,

How do you know what a noun is? TKD doesn't define nouns. Or verbs. Or
possession. Or pronouns. Or exclamations.

    It is not possible, in a brief guide such as this, to describe
    the grammar of Klingon completely. What follows is only a sketch or
    outline of Klingon grammar. Although a good many of the fine points
    are not covered, the sketch will allow the student of Klingon to
    figure out what a Klingon is saying and to respond in an
    intelligible, though somewhat brutish, manner. Most Klingons will
    never know the difference.

To expect to fully understand everything that came after TKD using only
the brutish level of grammar it outlines is folly.

You want to understand Klingon perfective? You need to do two things:
(1) understand what perfective is, and (2) study how Klingon uses it.
For (1), TKD alone is self-admittedly insufficient.

http://trimboli.name