[Tlhingan-hol] {Hov} DIvI' Hol mung

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Dec 4 07:32:26 PST 2015

On 12/4/2015 10:18 AM, qunnoQ HoD wrote:
> neH jItu'.. chaq,  mu' {Hov} lIng DIvI' Hol mu' <hover>. loghDaq
> <hover> Hovmey..

ngerlIj vIHon. qID 'oHbelaw'' <Hov>'e'.

Was {neH jItu'} supposed to mean "I just noticed"? That doesn't work.
{neH} means "merely" when placed after a verb, and you can't place it in
front. You might forget about the "just" and say {vItu'pu'} "I noticed
it" or {vay' vItu'pu'} "I noticed something." If you want the "just" you
might put {qen} "recently" in front, or you might be specific and say
{wa' tup ret vay' vItu'} "I noticed something one minute ago." You could
be a little idiomatic and say {DaH vay' vItu'pu'} "I have noticed
something now," with the understanding (hopefully) that the "now" you're
referring to is just before you hit New Message.

http://trimboli.name