[Tlhingan-hol] Aspect, etc

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:08:29 PST 2015

Thank you for your patience. I haven’t been this bone-headed about Klingon grammar since Qanqor struggled to teach me that “be” verbs acted like verbs when placed before subjects, but acted like adjectives when placed after nouns.

I think you have convinced me, though I would be presumptive to assume that I fully grok what I’ve been convinced of. I THINK I got it.

I’m disappointed in myself for speaking the language this long without grasping this particular grammatical issue. I thought that usage had tended to make vague whether the completion occurred within or previous to the time environment established by context or time stamp, so I created a model that accepted that observation.

I can only see, over time, whether I have fashioned a sufficiently effective new model to use the perfective properly.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv