[Tlhingan-hol] Dick Jane je

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 4 05:19:29 PST 2015

ghItlhpu' naHQun, jatlhpu':
> Dick Dalu'.

jangpu' De'vID, jatlhpu':
> {Dalu'}?
> {yIlegh} DaHech'a'?

jang je naHQun, jatlh:
> I went back and forth with the prefix.> This is something that I've never been clear on.> In English, "See Dick" is a statement,

No, it isn't; it's still an imperative. Without an overt subject, it cannot possibly be a statement in English. Who's seeing Dick? {Dick yIlegh} is appropriate here.

taH:
> In Klingon, I can apparently only have "You see Dick" a statement
> that doesn't match the English, or "See Dick" an exclamation (and
> command?).> Am I really commanding the reader to look at the characters?

HIja'. vangwI'pu' legh laDwI' net ra'bejqu'.

taH:
> As far as {lu'} versus {legh} goes, I felt that the reader should more
> actively observe the character instead of merely seeing them.> Maybe I'm giving more weight to {lu'} than I should.
Klingon doesn't have a verb {lu'}. Do you mean {tu'} "discover, find, notice, observe"?

QeS 'utlh