[Tlhingan-hol] Aspect, etc

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Dec 3 09:00:55 PST 2015

On 12/3/2015 11:53 AM, Lieven wrote:
> Am 03.12.2015 um 17:21 schrieb SuStel:
>> But because TKD says "The absence of a Type 7 suffix usually means that
>> the action is not completed and is not continuous," we must generally
>> assume that you did NOT complete killing the targ. You did not add
>> {-pu'}, so you did not complete the action.
>
> qama'pu' DIHoH net Sov.

Right. Here you're not specifying an action you undertook and completed
(perfective, accomplished), and you're not talking about an action
you're in the middle of performing (continuous, in progress); you're
describing your habit or tendency. This doesn't say "one knows we killed
the prisoners" and it doesn't say "one knows we are killing the prisoners."

http://trimboli.name