[Tlhingan-hol] 2 nouns in apposition

Anthony Appleyard a.appleyard at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 2 21:34:40 PST 2015

Or,  "One day, brother of Kahless, you will bow before me."? Again, how to distinguish between two adjacent nouns X Y meaning "X's Y" and "X which is Y"? Context cannot be always relied on to resolve ambiguities. Which classes of nouns can be used as Y in the X Y construction as "X which is Y"? Readers and listeners should not have to go through steps of logic based on context and the general situation to distinguish meaning :: the meaning should be apparent at first reading/listening.