[Tlhingan-hol] Question on Reason Clauses

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Thu Aug 27 17:04:13 PDT 2015

Your way is really good..

People want to try and force the word qatlh in there, but that is because in English the word “why” is both a question word and a subordinate conjunction.  In Klingon qatlh only asks a question, so if you aren’t asking a question it has no place in the sentence.

You could use a rhetorical question:  qatlh DaHoHta’? vISov jIH. But I think your way is better, don’t you?

- Qov