[Tlhingan-hol] Question on Reason Clauses

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:04:42 PDT 2015

While I’m certain that there are other ways to translate it, the translation you have is remarkably good.

You could go for others, not particularly better, and some carry various shades of additional meaning:

qatlh DaHoH? jIjanglaH.

qatlh DaHoH? bIjangnISbe’. jISov.

qatlh DaHoH? vIghelnISbe’. jISov.

DaHoHta’ net Sov. meqlIj yajlu’chu’.

DaHoHtaHvIS qayajchu’.

vIHoH vIneH, ‘ach chonungta’. wa’ DoS wIQeq.

Hegh. wa’ DoS wIQeq, ‘ach tajlIj Do law’ law’ tajwIj Do law’ puS.

DaHoH. butlh Daghaj.

DaHoHta’. meqlIj vIyaj, ‘ach nuHlIj vIngu’laHbe’. ("I don’t know how you killed him." — I thought there was a word for “method”, but I can’t find it now.)

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv