[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon phrases with meanings in other languages

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Aug 15 03:21:22 PDT 2015

It is true that a non-klingon speaker should answer this question.

Long time ago, I made a klingon rap, and some dude on the web added
english subtitles to what he heard. It's really interesting, and
although lots of it is pretty far fetched, some of the phrases certainly
answer your question:

cha yIghuS - "Tie your horse"

'a maQapmeH matay'nIS nuja'taH be'.
I'm a duck. Wash my tires just to jump that way.

net Sov, tlhIngan SuvwI' quv maHbej
A job clinging to that poo that way

HoDma' lI'be'
Bob Marley plays

The video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRGnYNZcblg

I know, most of it is just rhyming and misunderstood, so it's not one of
the identical sounds like {tIS} is the same as Tisch (table) in German.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh