[Tlhingan-hol] Beginners corner

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 02:12:22 PDT 2015

ghItlhpu' Maxim, jatlh:
> {tulghach yIlon naDev 'elwI'pu'}

jang De'vID, jatlh:
> "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"
> * Does one "abandon" hope in Klingon?

 don't see why not. Klingons are pretty direct in general but that
doesn't mean they can't also be metaphorical. I see no problem with
{tultaHghach yIlon} "abandon hoping".  A rendition following Dante's
meter (11-syllable lines stressed on 6 and 10) might be:

Hoch tultaHghach yIlon tlhIH, 'o 'elwI'pu'
"Abandon all hoping, O those who enter"

(poD vay')

jang je Voragh, jatlh:
> TIP:  If you can't find a good noun, try rephrasing with a verb: *{tulHa'choH}.

Also a good suggestion, though.

petulHa''eghmoHchu' tlhIH, 'o 'elwI'pu'
"Cause yourselves to completely lose hope, O those who enter"

taH:
> I'll let the BG deal with the rest of Maxim's post.

BG ghu' cherlu'chu'ta''a'?

QeS 'utlh