[Tlhingan-hol] Bing progress

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Fri Aug 7 03:14:33 PDT 2015

Playing with Bing today.  I have asked Microsoft without response when the
new version will be on line.  I don't know what their hold up is.

I have had them redeploy the "in-progress" version. (Only people on the
project have access to it, and it only stays deployed as long as someone is
using it.  I stopped using it for a while when I thought the new version was
about to go live.) If you're curious how that improved version would
translate something, send it to me and I can run it through for you.  I
believe it can take any Microsoft document format as well as just cutting
and pasting a few lines.

It's still not ready for prime time, but fun to play with.

Even the online version can correctly translate all of the following
sentences.  How many can you do?

Bing Correctly translates:
qatlh ghIchlIjDaq 'etlh tu'lu'?
nuqDaq ghaH HoD'e'?
HIghqangbe' qummaj.
'Iv ghaH?

In the meeting, an angry woman killed the officer.
Do you understand the accusation?
Defend yourself.
You lie.
Everyone lies.
The prisoner recognizes the pistol.
Tomorrow the building will explode.
All the merchants will die.

The following are translated almost right - you can fix the English grammar
yIvbeHDaj chIl mang.
cha'leS SoSnI'ma' muHlu'.

If you play with it, I'd love to see the most impressive and most ridiculous
attempts you get Bing to produce.

- Qov