[Tlhingan-hol] Beginners corner

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Tue Aug 4 14:39:32 PDT 2015

batlh bInID.  <X maHbe’> for “we are not X” is a correct and useful pattern, and you chose a plural suffix that refers to speaking beings.

Use loDHom only if you’re addressing an actual boy.  It’s not a way a man is addressed in Klingon.
Qul is a verb meaning “research.”   Perhaps you made a typo for Qun, meaning “god”?

I’m guessing the phrase is a quotation, meaning “We’re not perfect” or even “we fight dirty.”  Lacking a Klingon theology that  includes angels, I probably would use an expression conveying the same idea rather than trying to construct a term for righteous minions of a benevolent deity.

- Qov