[Tlhingan-hol] suffices on verb-adjectives

Brad Wilson bmacliam at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 17:27:56 PDT 2014

TKD is quite prescriptive in the use of suffices on verbal adjectives (TKD 4.4):
vsR {-qu'} can be added as an intensifier - {Dujmey tInqu'} (very big ships)
ns5 {-Daq} is added to the verbal adjective when it is called for on the noun - {veng tInqu'Daq} (in the very big city)
Have we received any additional information about such suffices?
I'm thinking specifically of {-be'} which would seem to be a very logical usage where a verb-adjective with an opposite-meaning does not exist - {wep Doqbe'} (the not-red jacket). Or do we stick with the more traditional {Doqbe'bogh wep} ?

gheyIl