[Tlhingan-hol] [KLBC] Tlinget influence?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 01:36:08 PDT 2014

Does anyone know if the Tlinget language was an influence on the design of tlhIngan Hol?

The "Tl" in Tlinget is indistinguishable to my ear the from "tlh" used in Klingon.

Some words in the language have a striking similarity in terms of the sound or feel of the words, and it just really struck me while a dear friend was putting me onto some people speaking Tlinket after I'd been going on about Klingon and such.

TIA, if anyone can share something I don't know yet.

Casey