[Tlhingan-hol] Beginner's Grammarian

d'Armond Speers speersd at georgetown.edu
Wed Oct 22 19:07:22 PDT 2014

I was usually the arbiter, in consultation with the outgoing BG. As lojmIt tIwI' nuv says, we were typically looking for someone who had strong interest and showed potential, rather than someone who was already highly skilled. The prior BG would've asked to make a recommendation from mailing list members as their tour came to an end, and I would send the BG info to that person indicating they had been nominated. As far as I recall, everyone so selected accepted.
I don't recall when the chain was broken or why. We seem to have doing okay without it, but there's no reason not to put forth someone for the role. I kept us on a 6 month schedule for a long time. This kept the BG from getting burned out, cultivated new BGs, and gave lots of opportunities for those interested. Anyone want to step up?

--
d\'Armond Speers, Ph.D.