[Tlhingan-hol] "A Klingon Christmas Carol" trailer

lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:18:37 PST 2014

It’s a stretch to say that direct and indirect objects are interchangeable and that all verbs can be handled like this. I suspect that each verb has a more specific, somewhat idiomatic range of acceptable use and our definitions don’t always tell us very clearly what this range is.

It’s a challenge to make distinct boundaries between well spoken Klingon and slop that passes for it because someone can figure out what you meant.

We have to make arbitrary choices, especially because our definitions aren’t all that clear and precise. We only have one native speaker, and he doesn’t talk to us much.

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Retired Door Repair Guy