[Tlhingan-hol] musical "Academia Nuts" to have a Klingon-speaking character, Klingon song

Christopher Kidder-Mostrom cokidder at cbtheatre.org
Fri May 9 04:36:20 PDT 2014

The Klingon is likely to suck.  THere's a reason we don't use union actors
for KCC (and I'm a union actor).  The rules that restrict what a company
can ask them to do sort of precludes any intensive language work.  Not to
mention, unless someone on this list wrote those lyrics, I'm guessing
they're not going to be terribly great, either.

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Elizabeth Lawrence <
elizabeth.lawrence08 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not involved but I'm in NY, if you find some contact info I'll check
> it out.
> be''etlh
>
> > On May 9, 2014, at 3:13 AM, "De'vID" <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, I was informed of this casting call too late (it
> > expired in late April). Presumably the Klingon-speaker has already
> > been cast.
> > http://www.backstage.com/casting/academia-nuts-30889/
> >
> > According to the producer's Twitter, they are planning to have one
> > musical number entirely in Klingon. Is anyone here involved with this
> > project? If done right, it could be a great chance to advertise the
> > KLI and the Klingon language. Maybe a KLI member in New York can reach
> > out to them to offer assistance.
> >
> > --
> > De'vID

Christopher Kidder-Mostrom