[Tlhingan-hol] Canon for answering negative questions

ghunchu'wI' qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun May 4 10:32:36 PDT 2014

On May 3, 2014, at 6:32 PM, "Robyn Stewart" <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:
> What canon do we have...

I can't think of anything that tells us with authority how it is done. I can point to non-negative question/answer pairs that replace the -'a' with the HIja' or ghobe' exclamation and repeat the rest of the sentence, and that's what I would use as a guide.

The actual situation is likely to be similar to English, where neither answer is adequately unambiguous.

SuQochbe'a'? (I am least uncomfortable treating {Qochbe'} as the action and answering {HIja', jIQochbe'}.)

-- ghunchu'wI'