[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'ejyo'waw'

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Mar 31 08:01:22 PDT 2014

Am 31.03.2014 16:47, schrieb Steven Boozer:
> I think Okrand's point was that these words don't refer specifically/exclusively to *space* travel.  Like us, Klingons seem to have adapted existing ocean-going naval terminology when they ventured out into space.
>
> Or Okrand simply forgot that he had already coined {yo'} <g>.

I'd even say it was backwards: when he needed a word for fleet, he found
he had the word starfleet already, so he just took the syllable {yo'}.
He then probably forgot the phrase telling that there are no "known
Klingon words" etc.

And, just to remain in the game, he said "There are no known words"...
thirty years ago :-) At that time, there were many not known words which
we do know today! :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh