[Tlhingan-hol] Certification Test Woes

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Mar 31 00:43:27 PDT 2014

ja' be''etlh:

Thanks, that's exactly wha I just wrote :-)

> I also don't think that this thread was meant to call for a
> reorganization of the testing system.  As far as I can tell, Qov merely
> wanted input on what caused the most difficulty on the beginner test so
> she could better instruct people who want to pass the test as it is.

Yes, and the suggestion was to train the numbers of the suffixes a
little more, or to remove the question from the test.

Qov asked for difficulties the tested people had, and some of these
resulted from the kind of question. For instance, "Identify the suffix
type" was very often translated with "verb", oter may even give the
correct number, but the correct answer was expected "Verbsuffix 2".

> classification number, not knowing the number would only lose people a
> point or two on the question, and that would be a truly minor revision
> to the test.

That's what makes it hard for grading. Does the half answer deserve a
half point? Then why does an entirely translated sentence only deserve
one point? But thats another topic :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh