[Tlhingan-hol] Certification Test Woes

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Mar 31 00:29:52 PDT 2014

Thanks, d'Armond, for your explanation. I have always followed your
guidelines when taking the test, especially when somebody was only one
poitn away from passing it and that one mistake was not really a mistake.

 > Another thing to consider is that if we simplify level 1, then people
> who worked hard to accomplish that achievement might feel slighted

Yes, that's a good point. That's why I suggested another level,
something like level "zero", which may be something like a qualification
test to do the real KLCP test. Like this, real beginner may be prepared
to see what awaits them in level on KLCP.

I have many students at my qepHom who do speak... lets say "some"
klingon. They know many phrases, they can order their beer in Klingon,
they may even answer short sentences. Then, they are so eagerly
anticipating the KLCP test - and then they fail utterly, which throws
them back a lot.

If you agree, I will set up such a level zero preparation test, picking
up questions and basic words from the KLCP.  I could do it alone, but
would like to do it in a cooperation with you.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh