[Tlhingan-hol] The Legend of Gorath part 4, with credits

Brad Wilson bmacliam at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 20:22:47 PDT 2014

Grandfather: That night, under the bright light of a full Praxis...
vavnI': qaStaHvIS ramvetlh bochlI' pIraqSIS maSwov.

Gorath: Who’s there?
ghoratlh: pa' 'Iv?
[sounds of fighting]
[may'Hom wab Qoylu']

Grandfather: Noone was spared. So you see, Gorath’s boasting not only brought on his own doom but death for his loved ones as well. Had he not lied about his exploits perhaps one day he would have fought side by side with Kahless against Bronal. But it was not meant to be. Tell the story of your targh truthfully.
vavnI': pagh pollu'. yItu'. mIytaHmo' ghoratlh Qaw'pu'lu' 'ej vabDot bangpu'Daj peqlu'ta'. ta'meyqoqDaj ja'taHvIS nepbe'pu'chugh chaq qeylIS DopDaq bIro'nal ghoblaHpu'. 'ach qaS wanI'vam 'e' Hechbe' San. targh Dawam vIja'taHvIS yIvIt.

Boy: But it was my first kill...
loDHom: pagh HoHwIj wa'DIch 'oH...
Grandfather: Yes, and it was clumsy. My own first kill was every bit as inept. A warrior has a duty to honor, to truth, son of my son.
vavnI': HIja', 'ej Soy'pu'. vabDot po'Ha' HoHwIj wa'DIch. batlh vangnIS SuvwI' 'ej vItnIS. Qu'Daj 'oH, puqloDwI' puqloD.
Boy: I see.
loDHom: jIyaj.
Grandfather: You’ve eaten targh many times, yes? Has it ever tasted as good as this one?
vavnI': pIj targh vISopta' qar'a'? targhvam wejwa' rurbogh targh 'e' Damumpu''a'?
Boy: Never.
loDHom: not.
Grandfather: That is enough to celebrate. There is no need to decorate your accomplishments.
vavnI': bIlopmeH yap Sovvetlh. ta'na'DajDaq ta'Hey latlh DachelnISbe'.
Boy: I understand.
loDHom: jIyaj.

Grandfather: Good. Sleep now. Tomorrow we begin the long journey home.
vavnI': maj. DaH yIQong. wa'leS juH wIve'.
Boy: With our bellies full.
loDHom: 'ej buy' chorDu'maj.
Grandfather: Yes. With our bellies full. I am proud of you, son of my son.
vavnI': HIja'. buy' chorDu'maj. qaHem puqloDwI' puqloD.
Boy: Sleep well grandfather.
loDHom: yIQongchu' vavnI'oy.

Boy / Grack / Bronal - Phil Lamarr
loDHom / ghIraq / bIro'nal - Phil Lamarr
Gorath / Spy - Jonathan Goldstein
ghoratlh / ghoqwI' - Jonathan Goldstein
Grandfather / Krek - Adam Bitterman
vavnI' / qIreq - Adam Bitterman