[Tlhingan-hol] The Legend of Gorath part 1

Brad Wilson bmacliam at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 07:40:02 PDT 2014

Thank you all for the feedback. I have edited my original to use compatible characters (I hope).

I originally had {yItam} for "be still", but I wanted to emphasize the movement not just silence, since {yItam} is used later in the story specifically for silence. I overlooked {yItaD} because I was only reading it in the "ice" sense.

I like {mughIjlaH pagh} better. qatlho'

You all make good points. I hadn't intended for {'oH} to refer to the cave, but if Lieven read it that way, then so the better. English sentence fragments come easily because of SVO, but with no 3rd person prefix in Klingon, and the fact that the object comes first ... we'll just have to wait for the some 1st generation speakers to show us how it's done. :-)

I want a ... ehm ... a beer. {vay' vIneH ... mm ... chaq HIq}

gheyIl