[Tlhingan-hol] Last X and testament?

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 20:34:10 PST 2014

I feel certain that one of the functions of every House is to defend the interests of the House, including the property of all who die within it. I would not expect lawyers to be involved.

There’s never been a suggestion that any Klingon feels debt to follow the orders of the dead. The whole point of winning a contest to the death is to be the guy still standing who gets to tell others what to do. When you lose such a contest, your pre-posthumus wishes don’t linger longer than you did.

Succession is more important than property rights, since those who succeed make choices as to who defends what property for whom. If a successor has challengers and the challenger wins, then there is a new successor, regardless of the wishes of the original leader.

Who would defend the rights of orphans and widows and widowers? The House, not the law. Hold up a Last Will and Testament to someone grabbing property of someone recently departed and you’ll likely get the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid response to “Rules? In a knife fight?"

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Door Repair Guy, Retired Honorably