[Tlhingan-hol] when I was X (years old), from the age of X to Y

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 05:27:24 PST 2014

ghItlhpu' De'vID, jatlh:
> We know that {loSmaH ben jIboghpu'} is how a Klingon would say
> "I am 40 (years old)". How would you say "when I was X, I did such
> and such"?

Presumably anyone saying that would know how old they are now, and so {loSben Qang vImoj} "I became chancellor four years ago" seems to me the easiest way of putting it.

taH:
> {wa'maH cha' ben jIboghpu'DI' moQbara' vIghojchoH} seems to me> like it's saying the speaker is 12, and started learning Mok'bara at birth.
True. How about:

qaSpu'DI' DISwIj wa'maH cha'DIch moQbara' vIghojchoH.

> Also, how would you say "from the age of 20 to the age of 25, I studied the bat'leth under Kang"?
qaSpu'DI' DISwIj cha'maHDIch, betleH tonSaw' mughojmoHpu' qeng qaStaHvIS vagh DIS.

QeS