[Tlhingan-hol] Proverbs at the qep'a'

Lawrence M. Schoen klingonguy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:49:20 PDT 2014

Okay, you're going to LOVE this.

For this, our 21st Klingon Language Conference, I pitched an idea to Marc
Okrand for
a competition. He just agreed. So here's what's coming:

By the end of this year's qep'a', we will have a new Replacement Proverb
and a new
Secrecy Proverb!

The new proverbs will be the result of a competition.

Registered attendees of the qep'a' will have an opportunity to submit up to
five entries
in each category. Non-attendees will be permitted to send in one entry (and
must choose
a category), and deadlines and an email address for this use will be posted
by mid-July.

The plan is to have a group of Grammarians sort through the entries and
narrow it down
to a smaller pool of candidates. These will then be given to Marc who will
slip away to
contact Maltz and discuss them (and likely learn that some of them have
been Klingon
proverbs all along, but just never came up in conversation).

Excited? You should be. Now, get to work!

--
Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen :: author :: publisher :: psychologist :: hypnotist
:: klingonist