[Tlhingan-hol] friend of Maltz

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 08:58:02 PDT 2014

On 28 Jun 2014 18:11, "BT Yahoo!" <a.appleyard at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Tlhingan-hol email group started when the Captain Kirk stories were the
first known Star Trek stories, and (as far as I remember) it became
doctrine that Captain Kirk captured a Klingon called Maltz, who revealed
the Klingon language to Starfleet (and to Marc Okrand).

> But the later coming of the "Enterprise" series...
> is set well before Kirk and Maltz's time, and in it Earthmen know the
Klingon language, as if it was in an information package that the Vulcans
gave to Earth...

> How does Tlhingan-hol email group accomodate that?

poH lengwI' ghaHba' Marc Okrand'e'.

Marc Okrand is clearly a time-traveler.

Evidence:
* people have meet him in the present time
* he is in communication with Maltz, who is in a Federation prison in the
23rd century
* the 2nd edition of The Klingon Dictionary contains Klingon words the
Federation would not have otherwise learned about until the 24th century
* the Vulcans could prepare an information package on the Klingon language
based on his research