[Tlhingan-hol] puS

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Jun 28 07:58:14 PDT 2014

Am 28.06.2014 05:02, schrieb Brad Wilson:
> The definition for {puS} in TKD has always bothered me - be few, be
> several, be a handful.
> To me a handful is a few, but several is more than that. I wouldn't put
> these together in meaning.
> I usually just ignore the "several" entry and use {law'} instead for
> several/many.
> How do others reconcile this?

I never had a problem with that, but I also did not focus on the
definition to closely.
{puS} means "more than one", i.e. "several", but less than the opposite
of {law'}, which really means "many", or "a lot".

So, for a Klingon {jagh puS} is no threat, although a terran might be
frightened about the same amount of "several" warriors. :-)

If it helps for you to just omit the definition "several", I would
suggest you do that.

{puS} = "few"
{law'} = "much"

--